January 05, 2011

Steak Tips Portobello Review


Calories160
Fat7g
Fiber3g
Protein15g
Sodium450mg
Carbohydrates10g



Recently, I bought 10 Lean Cuisines for only $1.50 each.  I've tried most of them, but decided to branch out and try a few new meals.  Today, I tested out Steak Tips Portobello for the first time.  Here's my opinion on this meal:


When I opened the package, I noticed the broccoli side was larger than the steak tips/portobello side.  The meal took 4 minutes to cook in the microwave, and then 1-2 minutes to sit in the microwave.  
first tried the broccoli which tasted like I expected from a Lean Cuisine meal: bland and usual.  However, I expected this, so it's okay.  Then, I tried the steak tips and portobello part.  First of all, there was very little steak or mushrooms to speak of.  This was probably the part that I liked the least.  
The flavor of the sauce was pretty good.  The steak itself, however, tasted very low quality.  The mushrooms were probably the best part, but were the smallest in quantity.


Overall, I'd give this 2 stars out of 5.  I guess I shouldn't expect much out of 160 calories, but I can promise you I'll be eating more tonight after that tiny meal.

3 comments:

Heather M said...

Hey Melissa!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog!! I LOVE the idea of no spend January, I really need to think about doing that! Im following you!

Unknown said...

Yes, it's a nice cleanse from the usual overspending!!

Lisa C. said...

Hmmmmm I'm not a cooked veggie lover, so I have never had a microwavable meal.. lol.. I DO get some sometimes for the hubster since there are days he takes the in for lunch.. I think it's great that you reviewed it.. Looking at the package you'd think you were getting some steak and not a ton of fillers.. bwahhahahaha.. thanks for the follow.. I'm your newest follower here.. (= ... and $1.50 is a pretty good deal..