Just because you're on a budget doesn't mean you can't look cute! First of all, I did break my "no shopping" rule on this dress, but only because it's a necessity. I have a wedding coming up in March, and I wanted to get the buying of the dress out of the way. It's also the first wedding I'll have gone to since I was a little girl! So I'm pretty excited to get all dressed up. Anyways...
Here is the breakdown of my entire outfit:
- Dress: $30 on sale at Francesca's boutique
- Bracelet: $12 at Francesca's
- Necklace (that little pearl at the neckline, very tiny): $14 at Francesca's
- Shoes: $35 from boutique that I've had for several years
- Purse: $?? from my High School Prom!!
So what are lessons to be learned from this?
- You can buy an entirely new outfit for less than $60
- Learn to go "shopping" in your own closet--that's how I found the old purse and shoes!
- Shop at small boutiques instead of department stores--the sale racks have higher quality clothes than you'll find at dept stores
- I went to several different stores before I got this find; don't get frustrated if you can't find it immediately. This is why you must shop further in advance