It's a couple weeks into 2011, and if you're anything like me, you made quite a few New Year's Resolutions.
Thanks to Business2Blogger, I was asked to review a weight loss book called "Alpine Weight Loss Secrets". They also are awesome enough to provide one of my readers with a book in my first ever GIVEAWAY!! I am so excited! Read on to submit some entries to win your own copy of AWLS.
Here was what I thought:
The author wrote this book keeping in mind his heritage from the Alps. This is where people eat fresh meat, cheese, and plants. This is also where people do a lot of physical labor, something most Americans no longer do, since we spend 40+ hours a week at a desk, and the other on a couch. The overall message I got from Alpine was the importance of an active lifestyle and eating foods close to the earth. I also loved their focus on the importance of good posture. I completely agree with this lifestyle, and wish more people understood that not all calories are created equal. A 100 calorie banana is far better for you than a 100 calorie mini twix bar. It sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people make excuses just because something is "low fat" or "low calorie".
Here are some quotes from the book:
"Instant anti-ager – your posture: Faulty posture does not look good on a teenager and definitely not on an adult of any age in revealing clothes.. these are the basic foundation of any scientific exercise program."
"One of the first strategies to staying active is to find the activity that you love. "
"Change your mind, change your body: Changing your body starts with your mental muscle."Pros:
- Very inspirational, incorporates a lot of exercise and diet philosophy that I believe in
- Mostly fits into my life easily (except the fast)
- Inspires you beyond weight loss, and helps you channel your own personal happiness
- It includes a flat belly "schnell" or fast, which is great for some people, but I'm not a huge fan of fasts in general, and probably would never do one
- It seems aimed more at an older demographic, and I'm 22. However, I can still relate to most of the things explained in the book.
Buy It: Go to http://alpineweightlosssecrets.com/ to learn more about it. It's $14.95 plus tax which you can purchase on Amazon.
Win it: Through my super fun giveaway! Make sure you leave your email address so that I know how to contact you if you win! Ends January 31st! Winner will be selected at random, I will email you, and you have 2 days to claim your prize (US and Canada only).
MANDATORY ENTRY: Tell me what your biggest New Year's Resolution is!
- 2 Entries: Follow Frugal But Not Cheap on GFC
- 3 Entries: Blog about my giveaway, and send me a link to your blog
- 1 Entry: Follow FBNC (@butnotcheap) on Twitter
- 1 Entry: Follow FBNC on Facebook