March 04, 2011

Still Getting Headaches from My Hospital Bills

I have come to accept my fate that I will be spending close to $2000 on a trip to the hospital where I was there for only a few hours.  However, yesterday I got a whole nother headache from the same company that I've been having problems with.

This company's name: Team Health or TeamHealth.com.  If you are ever given a choice, do not choose them.  They have terrible customer service (if you can call me a customer) and even worse handling of insurance.  Their call center employees are rude, and not helpful at all.

My hospital stay was November 14, and I am STLL dealing with these people.

Here's the story:

I unnecessarily paid them $1011 when my insurance company was supposed to pay them.  They sent the bill to the wrong insurance company!  I sent the bill to my insurance company, and it took them forever (about 6 weeks) to pay it.  I just got reimbursed TODAY (4 months after the date of service).

Then, my insurance company said that TEAM HEALTH charged them $591.36 and discounted them about $180, and that I was responsible for about $240.  I call TEAM HEALTH and apparently they didn't give my insurance company a discount at all!  They don't have a contract with my insurance company, and my insurance company was under the impression that they did.  So here's the breakdown:

I paid $1011.
My insurance company paid $591.
Discount was supposed to be $180
I was supposed to owe $240

NOW I apparently owe about $420 instead of 240.  I don't know what to do and I am going in circles calling both TEAM HEALTH and my insurance company.  No one will give me a definitive answer, and I'm going to have to be the one to foot the bill for it.

I HATE TEAM HEALTH.  I HOPE WHEN PEOPLE SEARCH YOU ON GOOGLE THEY SEE THIS ARTICLE AND KNOW THAT TEAM HEALTH SUCKS TEAM HEALTH IS A SCAM AND TEAM HEALTH HAS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Sorry, I never write in all caps, but that was necessary.

2 comments:

Hello I'm Lala! said...

I feel your pain. I had an incident kind of like that in 2009 from the actual hospital that I had an overnight stay with (due to a car accident and I was 36 weeks pregnant). They still call me for the "amount" I owe them. I have called them SEVERAL times and they always reassure me that its a glitch in their system and that yes, my insurance did cover the cost, so I don't owe anything. BUT the phone calls still come in and they even sent my "case" to a credit handling company. UGH!!!

*ashley* said...

completely necessary...such an inconvenience and s frustrating...