December 21, 2010

I'm financially screwed

I don't want to go into too many details, but let's just say I spent my one year anniversary with my boyfriend in the hospital.  I was having severe stomach pains and fainted.  Turns out it was really some stomach virus or something I ate.

Today, I found out I may have to pay $1528.  The actual cost was over $8600, so thank God for health insurance.  However, $1528 is a ridiculous amount for only being there a few hours and running a couple tests.  Especially since there wasn't even anything really wrong with me.

Am I wrong in feeling taken advantage of?  $1528 could have REALLY helped me with my student loan. Or could have been a trip to somewhere really nice.  Instead, it's paying for about 8 hours in a hospital, most of which I was asleep.

So...angry...

No comments: