June 13, 2011

Origins GinZing Product Review


This weekend I went on a bit of a shopping spree and stopped at Origins, my favorite skincare brand. I've lately been noticing some major puffiness under my eyes (see above photo, left eye), and decided to forgo my years of denial.  I needed to come to terms with the fact that I need eye cream.  Not only do I have puffy eyes, but I also have pretty dark circles as well.  At least I don't have wrinkles (yet!).

I told the sales associate about my issue, and immediately she pointed this out to me: Origins GinZing--Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff.  I also grabbed A Perfect World White Tea Skin Guardian, which is part of my daily regimen (moisturizer just isn't the same without it).

Now, I have been a long-term loyal customer of Origins, since I was about 11 or 12 years old.  I use Checks and Balances Face Wash, A Perfect World Skin Guardian, A Perfect World Moisturizer, Stay Tuned Foundation, Modern Friction Microdermabrasion, and much more where that came from.  Even though my trust for Origins is pretty hard to knock, I still get skeptical with eye creams.  My usual thought is "What difference could it possibly make?  It's only around your eyes?"  This is why I decided to write a review on GinZing.

I have to say I am extremely impressed with this product.  I put a very small amount under and around my eyelids, and I instantly felt a cooling sensation.  The next thing I noticed was that the cream has light-reflecting minerals which create an illusion of lighter "dark circles" and makes for an amazing primer for concealer.  However, the ultimate test was, does it depuff like I need it to?  The answer is absolutely yes.  I have already noticed that the puffiness has gone down quite a bit.  My rating for this product?

***** FIVE STARS! :)

No comments: